Next Door Neighbor

Turan is our neighbor across the hall. He is a single man about my age and we've been having some great conversations lately. For the past few days our internet hasn't been working so I called him to ask if we could borrow his wireless until I get ours fixed. He came over right away to chat and to give us his internet password.
My wife served us some coffee and gingerbread cookies and Turan asked me how we've been doing. He was especially interested in how things are going at church. He came to a prayer event at the church a few weeks ago when we invited Muslims and Christians to come and pray for peace in Gaza. Turan even passed out flyers with us before the event. Attending church that day turned out to be a life changing kind of event for him. He hasn't been able to come back since that day because he's been on the road every weekend for work, but every time I see him he tells me how much he wants to come back.
While we chatted over coffee Turan had me listen to some of his favorite songs on his laptop. Just a few minutes into the conversation he leaned over and said, "I haven't been this open with you before but I want to tell you that I don't like Islam. In fact, I really hope your church grows. Now that I've been there and seen your church I feel much closer to Christianity than to Islam..." We went on to have a good conversation and I'm hoping that we'll have another opportunity soon.
Comments