Jonah's First Day

Jonah starts kindergarten today. He'll be in the same school as Ruby, but kindergarten starts a week early to give the kids a chance to get used to school before the flood of big kids arrives.

Right now we're waiting outside his classroom with the other parents while the kids mill around getting to know each other.

Moms with headscarves, Dads in suits and ties, dozens of nervous parents and kids standing around looking at each other. Kindergarten is scary business.

Jonah is wearing his talking watch, so he'll always know what time it is... in english. He'll be plunged full-time into Turkish language, Turkish rules, Turkish friends and foods and games. He's learning to be more and more at home in Turkey, and God is shaping his soul for this world.

I gave Jonah a pep talk this morning in the kitchen. I told him that I had three reasons why I know he's going to do well. But, that will remain a secret between me and my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martyrdom.

Christian Fasting

...But we like them